PE and sport premium
The Government has provided schools with additional funding for PE, known as the
PE and Sport premium. Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer.
The five key indicators are:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity - the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school
- the profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
The governing body monitors the use of this funding closely and receives regular updates. We have seen a large increase in the number of children participating in physical activities during the day or after-school sports, in addition to a wider range of PE within lessons. A full report of how we use our funding and the impact on pupils can be found below.